Health & Safety Coordinator Orientation Information
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF A HEALTH & SAFETY COORDINATOR:
- A District Health & Safety Coordinator acts as the liaison between certain District staff (as determined by District policy) and CCCSIG to ensure an immediate and direct line of communication for the administration of the CCCSIG Health & Safety Services Department's services and associated activities.
- Attends and participates in CCCSIG countywide Health & Safety Committee meetings and shares meeting information with their district health and safety committee and/or other decision-makers related to health, safety and wellness activities within the district
- Assists in the development of an active District employee health and safety committee (if one does not exist yet)
- Oversees/monitors the completion of the annual Health and Safety Incentive Program requirements
- Collaborates with employees, supervisors, and upper management on ways to implement workplace health and safety services
- Provides feedback of CCCSIG services to CCCSIG Health & Safety Services staff
- Assists with onsite health and safety event logistics (e.g., securing a room, arranging for A/V equipment, etc.)
- Ensures posting/distribution of health and safety program flyers, announcements and/or promotional materials at all district sites.
In most districts, Health & Safety Coordinators have other duties associated with the district health and safety or workers' compensation functions.
HEALTH & SAFETY COORDINATOR ORIENTATION MATERIALS
Overview of Programs
Health & Safety Services Brochure
2012/13 Incentive Program requirements K-12 and COE
2012/13 Incentive Program requirements College District
Accident Investigation Form
Post Offer Pre-Placement Evaluation Program (PEP)
Crossroads Monthly Publication
For questions, contact Denise Schreiner, Health & Safety Services Manager.